The use of drugs is prohibited in several parts of the globe, despite the fact that it is harmful to human health, people consume it and become addicted. To detect and stop such practice urine drug screens are arranged and at several companies, a negative drug screen is a requirement to keep the work environment clean. A lot of drug addicts when inquired, reported that they started drugs just like once in a blue moon activity and they don’t really know when it became a permanent habit of theirs. This makes it crystal clear that the use of drugs even for fun sake should be prohibited.
When people don’t have control over their senses they can become a danger to society. Hence, Drug screening becomes an important activity for societal welfare.
Why Urine Drug Screen?
Out of every method to detect drug abuse in a person, Urine Drug Screen is the painless and the easiest method. For a urine drug screen, the person just has to deliver a sample of a maximum of 30ml and he can be checked for a variety of over 38 classes of drugs.
What Drugs Are Detected In Urine Drug Screen?
A variety of over 38 drug classes are detected by a urine drug screen. Amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cocaine, MDMA (ecstasy), methadone, opiates, oxycodone, Carisoprodol, and Tapentadol are the most common ones. Plus cocaine, methadone, opiates, oxycodone, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and ethyl alcohol are also checked in the sample.
What Are The Requirements For Urine Drug Screen?
Requirements of a drug screen are as follows-
- The sample of urine which has to be tested should be at least 30ml in volume.
- The sample must be collected in an airtight sterilized cup.
- The sample of Urine must range from 90 to 100F or 32 to 38C on the temperature scale.
- The person who is tested should not cheat with any means.
What Are The Uses Of Urine Drug Screen?
Uses of urine drug test are as follows-
- Drug Abuse- Several times people who appear positive on a drug screen, if not lying dot know themselves about the drug intake in their body. Urine Drug screening is an easy process and can clear the picture for such people.
- Drug Intoxication- Generally all drugs are harmful and its intake and addiction will cause harm to you in every possible way but some drugs are superior in producing a lot of toxins in the body which can even cause chronic diseases. A simple Drug Screen can help in detection.
- Eligibility- every workplace today demands healthy and sound employees. This is the reason why several workplaces have made negative drug screen as necessary eligibility criteria for its employees.
- Medication- If a patient is admitted in an emergency, to start the medication it is the protocol to check for drug percentage present in one’s body. Urine Drug Screen helps in the medication by a simple test.
- Monitor- People in rehab who are recovering from drug addiction are monitored every now and then with the help Of Urine Drug Screen, it helps to keep a track of the recovering warriors.